Peter Kovacs wrote:
What rights does the volunteer need in order to fix it?

I posted more useful information than the forum thread and its links, on this same list:

https://s.apache.org/zbrde

Can this be fixed with a Mwiki user or do we need Physical access to the
machine?

SSH needed, as well as reasonably solid PHP knowledge. I have both and I also have some time available lately, so I can play with this next weekend.

I am not planning any server downtime: it is time for a more comprehensive update as we are quite needing it. And I will test it locally before doing any live updates.

Regards,
  Andrea.