On 5/30/2020 8:41 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> I should probably have my head examined but I am thinking of one more
> time trying to revive the documentation effort for AOO. One of the
> drawbacks is that most people that have started to help have left as
> there has been very limited availability of mentoring. I do not see this
> changing but I am hoping that by defining a new process we can reduce
> the dependency on mentoring.
>
> One idea for this would require that the MediaWiki extension be made
> functional again. This would allow for using Writer to create the source
> which could be stored in the git repository and then be transferred to
> the mwiki for easy online access. By storing the source in the
> repository it would give us better revision control over the
> documentation. Plus it may help relieve the mentoring problem as many
> more people are familiar with using Writer.
>
> Another would be to use Docbook, though this is not as appealing as I
> have no familiarity with it and it appears that there is a steep
> learning curve to its use and that would be a disadvantage to attracting
> new people.
>
> I look forward to any other suggestions that could move this effort
> along as it has languished for far to long.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Greetings All;

I unfortunately have no good news to report at this time. It is over 2
weeks since I posted the Proposal document to doc@ and there has been
zero response from the list except a couple from Detlef and Francis. I
will send out another reminder today and wait another week to see if any

Regards
Keith