On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 02:41:00 -0600
Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2020-07-06 12:15 a.m., Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 17:33:54 -0600
> > Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Downloaded Apache_OpenOffice_Dev_4.2.0_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US from
> >> https://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/AOO-dev-50c544e5/
> >>
> >> Spellcheck does not work. Nothing is marked incorrect. Checked using both
> >> Canadian and US
> >> language setting. Changed my user profile to the one I'm using with 4.1.7.
> >> Still didn't work.
> >>

> >> --
> >> _________________________________
> >>
> >> Larry I. Gusaas
> > The initial check: does the chosen language show in the middle of the
> > status bar?
> >
> Yes. It is English (Canada).
>
> In extension manager: "English spelling, hyphenation dictionaries and
> thesaurus 2020.07.01"
> installed.
>
> In Preferences/Language Settings/Language: Language of/Locale setting:
> Default - English (Canada)
>

> Aha: Here's the problem:
>
> In Preferences/Language Settings/Writing Aids/Available language modules: No
> spellcheck modules
> listed.
>
> In AOO 4.1.7 I have Hunspell SpellChecker & Mac OS X Spell Checker listed
>
> If I copy my user profile from AOO 4.1.7 into AOO Dev-m2 I still have no
> spell checkers. listed.

I'm not into the OpenOffice code, but am asking questions answers to which I
have learned from Forum are helpful.  I presume hunspell is (or ought) be
installed on your Mac.  in linux,
"locate hunspell" in a terminal shows its locations. Can you confirm, with a
Mac equivalent command, if hunspell is installed on your Mac, and its
locations?  The problem is possibly the incorrect configuration of a file path
in the code.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>