On 27 Oct, Don Lewis wrote:
> On 27 Oct, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Maybe... but it DID WORK before. That is, before the mega patch,
>> configure did the "right thing". So if something is causing configure
>> to make a different decision, it is due to the interaction w/ the new
>> stuff that the RDF stuff does. The problem is with the patch or how it
>> is working...
>
> I'm thinking of any configure scripts used by raptor / rasqal / redland,
> which would have changed by the upgrade.

I took a look at the configure outputs for those three.  I did see some
significant differences for redland.  In particular, on CentOS 5,
redland was picking up a system version of curl.  I think I installed a
newer version of curl, liked with a modern verson of openssl so a newer
version of git would work with github.  Thinking that librdf might have
been linked to the system libcurl, I uninstalled curl on the CentOS5 box
and did a another rebuild.  I still saw breakage when I installed the
packages on Ubuntu 16.

Digging in some more, I ran ldd on the librdf.so that we build and
discovered that libgcrypt was not being found.  On CentOS 5, libgcrypt
is version 11.5.2 and on Ubuntu 16 it is 20.0.5.  That's a problem.  I
wonder if redland actually needs libgcrypt for our purposes.