Hi Jim,

Am 07.11.20 um 14:51 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> If svn supports it someone just needs to let me know how to do it. I tried
> 'svn mv' both from WD to repo and between repos and svn error out and did not
> support it.

If I remember it right it was just:

svn mv http1 http2

Worked for me with 4.1.6...

> If "clean" commit messages are more important keeping the move within SVN,
> then it is almost just as easy to manually copy (using the filesystem), and
> then 'svn add; svn ci' on the whole dir.

I received several 1000 mails in my inbox because I am subscribed to
commits@ ;-)

> I'm just following the guidelines. If people don't like em, that's fine, but
> don't complain about me for following them: change them.

The guideline just says to move the directory.
We had real issues with downloads and archive server taking more than a
day to synchronize the deferred Windows builds now.

But this was the first time we did signing afterwards. I will try to
make the guidelines more clear in this respect.
For the next release I would suggest that we wait until the binaries
(mac and Windows) are re-uploaded on dist/dev and then move everything
with one command to dist/releases.

But let me say one thing: This was (will be) a GREAT release!

We have touched more files than ever, we had great support from Don
(FreeBSD), we had a PR from Akikazu (Android), we had a lot of new
people willing to test. I was also able to test binaries on OS/2 (thanks
Yuri).

And last but not least, you did a tremendous job on hunting down on the
Linux issue!

Thanks to everyone that put their precious spare time into this project!

Regards,

   Matthias