I do not work for MS, but I am a committer of the ASF and focus on AOO and not
on MS shops.

> Are you
> against publishing on the shop?

no

> Or is the issue more that you weren't
> included in the process?

Yes, that's what I mean - more specifically, that I don't understand why there
hasn't been a thorough public discussion on such an issue.

(Again, I may be overlooking something, but where is this discussion?)

Please understand that I am not technically against AOO now being available in
the MS store, but I am criticising the fact that we do not communicate enough.

Meritocracy is one thing, but in projects as big as ours, there are things that
should not just be done, but should be discussed in advance with everyone
involved - a bit of democracy within meritocracy.

(I also don't think that such criticism is unreasonable, because the mere
formality that we also have places where "votes" are obligatory shows that
there is already democracy within the meritocracy.)

Jörg