Hi Rony,

On 6/4/22 1:40 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
I going through old emails and no one seems to answer you.

Can you describe your setup? OS, have you sdk installed?

All the best

Peter

Am 03.10.21 um 15:12 schrieb Rony G. Flatscher:
Searched on the Internet but found no pointers so asking here.

Problem: something goes wrong while registering a Java based extension (an oxt ), but no information
is supplied.

Question: how to get debug (logging) information from a Java based extension? Maybe with a Java
stacktrace?

---rony

P.S.: Could find the cause in the oxt, but this was really quite time consuming (and therefore effortful). Some new Java code caused a Runtime exception such that the registering of the oxt could not conclude; it would have helped a lot, if the Runtime exception was supplied rather an empty
message was given (using unopkg from the commandline).

So the error is during unopkg and not when using the installed extension correct?

For runtime errors on Linux I start the office from the command line and you can println output to it from the extension.

Are you using the --verbose option when using unopkg from the command line?

Thanks,
Carl