These are a couple of tough ones I haven't been able to crack. I've tried to
do both as an Addon.xcu through a component and directly through BASIC (as
prototype, ending in Java) but I haven't had any luck.

I'm trying to add a command programmatically on startup with a Job addon to
the "File" menu. I've tried a number of different things all without any
luck so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I can create my own menus
and toolbar icons without problems but haven't figured any hack to get
things into the existing menus.

I also want to create a toolbar which contains a list of dropdown items like
the "Apply style" dropdown or similar but from a configuration file. I
imagine given that I want to it to be dynamic with a job addon at each run I
can't use an xcu file to do it but I haven't figured out how to do it from
BASIC or java either.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer..

- Brian