"jiangdongjin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If I omit these functions, My test .ppt file opened as fast as MS
> Powerpoint(maybe 1-2 seconds slower), but all my pictures are
> missing.

Hi jiangdongjin,

okay, it wasn't clear to me from your original mail that delay-loading
the images is sufficient for your case (in general, it won't be
sufficient to noticeably speed up PPT import - just try a 100 slide
document with lots of polygonal content...).

> So my plan is, in the load phase, I only load some basic infomation
> like width and height of the picture(I think only these are
> necessary for formatting), then display.After that if I really need
> some pictures(display or operation), I import it from input stream.

Yes, that's a lot easier than delay-loading of the whole
document. You'd have to extend the GraphicObject to be able to swap in
from streams with a given offset (and live with the fact that some
special-casing from the PPT import might no longer work - I vaguely
remember MS putting whole GIFs into PNG chunks).

HTH,

--

Thorsten

If you're not failing some of the time, you're not trying hard enough.