James Black wrote:

Christian Andersson wrote:
Thats what I do also, I have created a message system that I can call
from basic that will open a dialog that holds all debug information for
me, unfourtunally this does not cover everything..
what wil happen with all those uncaught RuntimeExceptions? like
NullpointerException? as you have not done any try catch for those (I
said uncaught above) , you will never see them, and what if there is an
exeption when calling createUnoService, ie the class could not be
created because it threw an exception? those you can't catch either,
since you don't have any try catch around this.

it is for those kind of uncaught exceptions that I would like to get a
hold of stdout/stderr and see what is going on...

 I do my programming in Java, so it may be simpler for me to just catch
all exceptions where there is something going on, and find out what is
happening.

 Being able to write to stderr/stdout would be nice.

 Good luck.
Write it all out to a log file... Remove the logging code when you are finished.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw