aditya kumar pandey wrote:
Hi

I have been writing programs using OpenOffice SDK (1.9.113) for a while now. I am not able to catch exceptions. So I wrote a small program. And even their exceptions are not caught!

I have tested this with OO 1.9.113 on a Red Hat Fedora Core 3, and a Red
Hat 9 machine.

Reference Example:
OpenOffice.org2.0_SDK/examples/cpp/counter

I added this code at the end of main function
                try
                {
                        throw (new com::sun::star::uno::Exception);
                }
                catch (com::sun::star::uno::Exception e)
                {
                }
                catch (...)
                {}

Am I doing something wrong?

The Linux x86 OOo 1.9.x versions built by Sun contain a problematic libgcc_s.so.1 which causes the problem you describe: If some code is compiled with a GCC other than the exact version used inside Sun and then run in an environment where the problematic libgcc_s.so.1 is used, chances are high that exception handling within that code does not work. See also <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-05/msg00965.html>.

The workaround is to use the libgcc_s.so.1 that comes with your GCC, either by replacing the file in the OOo program directory, or by using LD_PRELOAD.

By the way, the URE comes with a fixed libgcc_s.so.1 (and I currently cannot remember why we do not use the fixed libgcc_s.so.1 for OOo, too, but I will try to track that down again).

-Stephan