If you want to catch all possible events you can integrate a
DispatchInterceptor as a UNO component into the office (good if you
want to control *everything* that happens in the office).
If you are only interested in certain events, take a look at all
interfaces containing the substring "handler" or "listener" in the UNO
IDL reference.
The generic events of an object, in this case a textdocument (the
currently active document) can be received like this in SB (similiar
code in Java, you just need to write more lines because of querying
the correct interfaces):
<code>
Sub PossibleEvents( )
 Dim eventnames() as String
 Dim i as Integer

 events = thisComponent.getEvents()
 eventnames = events.getElementNames()
 For i = 0 to UBound(eventnames)
        msgbox eventnames(i)
 Next i
End Sub
</code>

For all further things consult the Developer's Guide on
api.openoffice.org or write to the dev@api.openoffice.org mailinglist
as cphennesy suggested.

2005/8/20, Pam Z <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  Hi,
> I have to develop a java plugin linked to OpenOffice Writer that can monitor
> high level events thrown by the writer, such as "Save button clicked", "File
> menĂ¹ clicked" (or similar, I don't know the real high level sintax of the
> event) and so on.
> Could you tell me what should I do to make this java component?
> Thanks!
>                 Pam

Best Regards
Christian Junker