Michele Zarri wrote:

Hi,

I hope this is the right list, if not, apologies.
I have written a macro that relies on a configuration file where I store
some parameters. I would like to avoid to re-open the file every time the
macro is executed so I would like writer to "remember" whether the file has
been opened or not for a given session. I cannot use global constants
because from time to time I need to change the configuration parameters (I
have also created the macros to do it).
Although the file is quite small and it takes no time to open it and parse
it, I would still like to use a more generic approac.
Not knowing the Java language I gave up on the developer's guide paragraph
on configuration, so my questions are:
1) is there a place where the developers guide examples are "translated" in
OOoBasic?
2) is there somewhere an example of storing configuration parameters?

Cheers,

Michele
I have some old examples in section 5.5 and 5.7 of my free macro document.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw