Christoph Lutz wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> 2005/10/27, Christian Junker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> I tested all the small examples on Mac OS X with OOo 2.0 using
>> Starbasic and I can only reproduce "Bug 1" (it's probably not a bug
>> here).
>
> Bug 2: That's also my experience using Starbasic. In Starbasic the
> insertDocumentFromURL throws an corresponding exception *immediately*
> (a dialogbox with the error message pops up). It's the different
> behaviour in Java that makes me wonder. The way basic bahaves lets me
> come to the following guess:

I don't get any exception in Basic, I get an error message, but no
exception (that's a difference!).

I currently have no idea why you don't get the error message from Java.
OTOH I think that the error message in an API call is a bug, so the
behavior in Java is correct, why ever. A message box shouldn't be shown
if no InteractionHandler set set.

Of course it still is an API bug that no suitable exception is thrown,
but as I already wrote it can't be fixed in the method
insertDocumentFromURL, it can be fixed only by providing a new method
(and so a new interface).

> I also tried to provide a different InteractionHandler in the
> MediaDescriptor props, but (that's the reason why I wrote the Bug
> 1-example) it seems that insertDocumentFromURL throws an
> IllegalArgumentException everytime the MediaDescriptor is not empty.

This also sounds like a bug to me.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.