thanks Christoph and Andrew!!

I am writing this in Java.. though i have little succcess after reading the documentation from andrew and samples ... But I am looking for some help on java. Are there any help/open source tools to better understand the text documents. Somehow UNO learning is taking longer time... any help on this is greatly appreciated

thanks
Sridhar

From: Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dev@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [dev] selected text from the textdocument
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:02:28 -0500

S Sridhar wrote:

Hi,
    How to get the selected text from the TextDocument.

Is there any way to get the selected text from all the components of the TextDocuments like TextTables Drawings and others? also how to identify where the selected component is ? like is the selected text is in the texttable and drawing?

thanks
Sridhar

Download my free macro document and search for "selected text"

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw