2005/12/31, Volker Quetschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi!

> >>Yes! And ps shows sed every time dmake hangs (and not otherwise), is
> >>there a possibility to use another implementation of sed? Which?
> >>Is the problem inside cygwin1.dll, not in sed?
> >
> > Most propably it's cygwin. Please try the 24.12. snapshot. (Reboot
> > even if it's not needed.)
> >
> > I just started a build with the 29.12. snapshot.
> Just to confirm, with the 29.12. snapshot I also get lots of hangs and
> strange behaviour. Unfortunately I'm leaving for a week in a few hours.

I have the same problems while using the 29.12. snapshot.
I've added more to issue 51560.

> If someone could prepare a small testcase to reproduce the hang and post
> it to the cygwin mailing list (cygwin at cygwin dot com) that would be
> really fantastic.

I haven't been able to do that (I dont consider "try to compile OOo"
as a small testcase...). I know too little about dmake and tcsh and
bash and sed.
I would like to test what's happening when giving the same sed command
as dmake directly from the tcsh prompt.

I also get random coredumps running ./configure.
/$