On Sonntag 15 Januar 2006 15:59, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> The reason I would like open office to integrate better with svn is
> because then open office would be able to handle svn commit conflicts
> better, and also be able to use redlining to highlight changes between
> different versions of the document in the svn repository.

The "svn file system" could also provide access to old versions, for
example like this: if a file is named foo.odt, there could be a directory
"foo.odt-versions" which contains all versions ever checked in, named by
their id. Of course OOo would then need to know about that. But still
better than adding SVN support to every program that might ever want to
use it.

Regards
 Daniel

--