Mathias Bauer wrote:
Matthias Benkmann wrote:

I'm developing a Java app that let's the user fill out a form. The
Java app uses this data to create a document in Writer.  I would like
to offer the user a preview window that integrates as seemlessly as
possible with the Java app.

I thought I could use the OOoBean for that purpose, however I have the
problem that the bean always contains the complete Writer GUI, with
menu bar, toolbars,...  Even worse, if the user had the Styles and
Formatting window open the last time he used writer, then when I show
the OOoBean, I get a Styles and Formatting window, too.

What should I do to get rid of all of this? All I want is the document
view with no editing GUI elements and no additional windows.  I guess
that I can get rid of the menu and toolbars with the Programmatic
Control of Menu and Toolbar features, but what about windows such as
Styles and Formatting? How do I enumerate and close all of those? And
is closing them really the only way? I'd much prefer to not have them
pop up in the first place, because having a window appear and
disappear confuses the user. Suggestions are very much welcome.

If you loaded your file directly with "loadComponentFromURL" or so you
could try to add a property "Preview" with value "True". I don't know
the bean API by memory so I don't know if there is something comarable.

You can also disable the menus and toolbars

Juergen

Best regards,
Mathias