Hi Jürgen,

2006/2/7, Jürgen Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > The secure way is that you start your OOo server manually and connect
> > to it via TCP/IP and the specified socket. It is recommended to use
> > this way if you want to develop something serious.
>
> sorry but that is wrong, the simple bootstrap mechanism is serious even
> if it has some problems on systems where special scripts are used around
> the normal binaries or default scripts.

we could debate here about what is serious and what not, however I
didn't talk about the SimpleBootstrap mechanism being not serious, I
said it would be better to set things up manually when you're
developing something 'serious' (==> more secure, more control etc.).

Besides the problems there could be on some systems, it also has
limitations. For example you cannot hook up to a remote-machine OOo.
Thus if you're dealing with servers and you write code on a client
machine, you can only go by TCP/IP to connect to the Office (named
pipes work only on the same machine).

--
Best Regards
Christian Junker