Hi,

i was a week off, so my answer is a bit late. I tried to start it OOo with the -env:..., to set the JRE. The option dialog then shows that the check box (use JRE) is not marked and I am not able to start the letter wizard, which is implemented in Java. This is the case because, the UNO_JAVA_JFW_CLASSPATH_URLS variable is not used in direct mode. You would have to specify UNO_JAVA_JFW_CLASSPATH or UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_CLASSPATH. This may also cause the unopkg to fail. I suppose that you need to have at least these jars on your class path:

jurt, ridl, java_uno, juh, jut, unoidl

-- Joachim

What must my jvmfwk3rc look like for direct mode? Is this OK:
-----%<-----
[Bootstrap]
UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_JREHOME=true
UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_CLASSPATH=true
UNO_JAVA_JFW_VENDOR_SETTINGS=javavendors.xml
-----%<-----

You've got this certainly from your build environment. The direct mode
was initially designed to support java in the build environment where
there are no user settings.

The jvmfwk3rc above may work if you adapt the path to the
javavendors.xml. Have also a look into the jvmfwk3rc in the program
directory of your office. It contains a variable:
UNO_JAVA_JFW_CLASSPATH_URLS
which contains jar files which are put on the class path. I am not sure
if this value is also used if using direct mode.

This seems to be uninteresting if I look to the solution below.

The header jvmfwk/framework.h contains also some helpful information.
There is also a variable UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME which can be used to point
directly to a JRE. The paths have to be file URLs. You could for example
start soffice this way.

soffice -env:UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME=file:///java/myJRE

That seems to solve my problem, as i wrote above.

I am not sure if this automatically overrides the value from the user
settings. But if you remove UNO_JAVA_JFW_USER_DATA and perhaps
UNO_JAVA_JFW_SHARED_DATA then it may work.

Seems to be not necessary.

[...]

Now I want to do a second step. I want to use unopkg to register a
uno.pkg. The registration itself does not work with FSF JRE 1.4, but
with JRE 1.5, although the package itself works with JRE 1.3 and above.
How can I change the Variable UNO_JAVA_JFW_JREHOME for the unopkg call?
unopkg does not support the -env command. How can I solve this?

Greetings, Tobias