Hi,

I want my document-view to scroll to a specific TextRange in the same
way the document-view does when the ViewCursor is moved to this
TextRange. This means for example if my current view shows page one
and my textRange is at the bottom of page two, after the scrolling,
the view shows the bottom of the second page. Is it possible to
archive such a scrolling in a programmatic way without using the
ViewCursor?

I can't use the viewCursor because our documents contain a lot of
protected areas while our global configuration-option
"Tools->Options/OOo-Writer/Formatting Aids/Cursor in protected areas"
is disabled. So setting the viewCursor into a protected area is
prohibited and has no effect. We need this option set to improve the
user experience, but we also need the possibility to show (not to
edit!) a content in a protected area.

any ideas how the scrolling can be done?

btw.: I already tried to temporarily enable the "Cursors in protected
areas"-option, but after resetting the option, the cursor and the view
jump back to an unwanted position.

best regards,
Christoph