Hi everyone,

I am the project leader of the "ODF Add-in for Word 2007" project. It is an Open Source project hosted on SourceForge (<https://sourceforge.net/projects/odf-converter/>) that aims at providing ODF support in Word. At the begining of the project, we chose to work with XSL transformations that would be independant from the application that would use them (currently there are only two of them: a Windows command line tool and an Add-in for Word 2007). Those transformations are likely to be usable in OpenOffice.org to open and save OpenXML (docx) files. To do this, there should only be some rewriting of the pre and post-processings in Java or C++ (the current implementation is using C#).

The project is still at its early stage (we released a first prototype last week), but it already allows converting an ODT file to a DOCX file. The reverse conversion is planed for the end of this year. We're developing it under a BSD-like license that won't prevent anyone from reusing our code in other projects. Please inform me wether you might be interested in joining the team to speed up the developments in order to integrate them into OpenOffice.org.

Best regards,

Jean Goffinet

--
Jean GOFFINET          http://www.clever-age.com
Clever Age  -  Conseil en architecture technique