Hi,

Nils Fuhrmann wrote:
[...]
> 2. Release Committee: Lets revive the OOo release committee. Initially,
> I like to nominate todays release status meeting (Uwe Luebbers, Martin
> Hollmichel, Mathias Bauer, Bettina Haberer) and Pavel Janek as members
> of this committee. Today, the Release Status Meeting agrees on
> priorities for releases, on integration and re-targeting of CWSs and
> Issues and other stuff around our releases, and is staffed with members
> of different functional groups. This is in line with the idea of the
> former release committee which we already had in past. All this should
> be done by the the release committee as a official OOo forum in future.
> We would like to see the current team to work on a official transition
> to the release committee again.

please also see latest minutes for that
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ReleaseStatus_Minutes#2006-11-06)

The original idea was to have at least one member of all functional
groups on board. Currently we have actively participating:

Engineering: Mathias Bauer, Kai Ahrens
QA: Uwe Luebbers, Thorsten Ziehm
User Expericence: Bettina Haberer
Release Manager: Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik

I would also would like to see participating:

OOo QA ( Andre, Joost ? )
Release Engineering
Localization (Pavel, Rafaella ?)
Marketing (John ?)
Documentation
more Development (other than Sun's ?)

A typical agenda will look like this:

* review of current release schedule
* review of open issues
* review of localization status
* preparation of promotion stuff for release.
* coordination and planning for next milestones, releases.

Is there anything I left out ?

Martin