Hello folks,

I don't know if we can do something about it but in this article:

this paragraph:
"

Vista's indexing service depends on the same IFilters for parsing
different file types as do Microsoft's other indexing engines, such as
the engines for Office SharePoint Server and for the Windows Desktop
Search add-on for XP.

We found and installed an IFilter for adding indexing support for
OpenOffice.org documents (from here
<http://www.ifiltershop.com/staroffice-openoffice-ifilter.html>), but
our Vista test machine still would not recognize these files, even after
we rebuilt our index. We hope to see this wrinkle ironed out soon, as
extensibility is key to the usefulness of Vista's new search capabilities"

I know that there is an ongoing work for the integration of OOo in Vista
but just wanted to let people know about this in case of problem.

Best,
Charles.