Matthias B. wrote:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good way to distribute data
sources to all user accounts on several machines. I want certain data
sources to be available to all users on several computers, without the
users having to do any manual registration of the data source.
The method should be scriptable, i.e. not require that an admin do
anything interactive or even be physically present at the machine. I'm
sure that I'm not the first to have this problem. Is there a
ready-made solution (like UNO packages which can be installed from the
command line with unopkg)?
You say "Data Source", and I think "Base Document".
You no longer need to register a data source to use it. You simply need to point at the Base Document. If you desire the "data source" to be a registered data source, well, then you must run a script to register each base document. The primary advantage for this, however, is that they are displayed when the user presses F4 (I think it is F4).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm