Hi Kai,

you wrote:
> Could you run those same tests on a local disk? It would be fun to
> see if it's only you Sun guys who have NFS who are taking the hit ..
> :-)

Heh ;-)

Aren't you planning a similar setup for a highly parallel build
cluster? I expect the relative increase in build time to become
significantly smaller on local disk, because the NFS build is about
completely I/O-bound...

I don't think it's worth arguing this back & forth though, because
that complete external guards removal is a mere cosmetic change, will
come for sure (after binning the last braindead compiler), and the
scripting for it is already there & working fairly well (thanks,
kendy!).

Cheers,

-- Thorsten