Hi,

ashok _ wrote:
> I am running oOo 2.1 on ubuntu.......
>
> I am running the standard jdk 1.5.08 installation... everything works
> fine for me.
>
> I noticed that i had to explicitly enable Java in oOo after the
> installation, by going to tools->options->java and expicitly selecting
> a JVM there....
> maybe that is the step you are missing?
This seems to be necessary only, if Java is invoked from OpenOffice
itself (either via the scripting framework, or because of using a Java
UNO component, etc.).

If one is using Java from the "outside" of OOo then that version of Java
is used to drive OOo. One could set up different vesions of Java and use
them to interface with OOo (as a matter of fact I have Java 1.1, 1.2,
1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 on my machine, using 1.4 through 1.6 when running
against OOo).

---

So the question would be for me whether you are able to compile and run
the enclosed Java program from the *command* line (not NetBeans, Eclipse
etc.) under Ubuntu's OOo? If so, I would be *very* interested in your
environment settings!

TIA,

---rony