Mathias Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As long as no "must changes" are due the only disadvantage of binfilter
> in its current form is that it must be rebuilt sometimes. That's bearable.

That reads "each time" for almost everybody outside Sun. But OTOH, it
would prolly only shave off 3 minutes on Pavel's new build machine... ;-)

> >  c) have a webservice at services.openoffice.org, that runs OOo2.x,
> >     and gets accessed from the sd?-filter of OOo3
>
> Doesn't need to be a Web Service. Could be a standalone converter also.

Sure. That was only an example, how to easily maintain the ability to
load those documents, and at the same time removing the dead weight of
the binfilter component from the install sets.

But for the record: I'm perfectly fine with Kay's proposed handling. :-)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten