Hi Bernd, *,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 06:39:37PM +0100, Bernd Eilers wrote:

> I would try the following to check nas support:
>
> $  nasd -aa &         # -aa allows any host access
> $  export AUDIOSERVER="`hostname`:0"
> $ soffice
>
> Open the gallery, than go to the theme sounds than click on any sound
> and check if you can hear something.

Thanks for the hints, but did anybody actually check this with a current
version of OOo?

No matter what, when trying to play audio from the gallery, OOo always
pops-up the message about it needing Java and whether I would like to
enable Java in the options.
If I enable Java, then the message doesn't appear, but still no sound is
played.
Media Player opens in both situations.

OOo 1.1.5 doesn't use nas either when the variable is set (but doesn't
really matter since it can play sound itself)

> provided that you have the necessary package of your linux distribution
> containing nasd installed, of course.

I installed it, and auplay can play sound when nas is running.
OOo can't play.

So to summarize:
* nasd is running,
* AUDIOSERVER is set correctly (both auplay and audemo can connect to it)
* OOo still wants java/doesn't use nas
* even when activating Java and playing sound with the JMF, OOo still
  doesn't connect to nas

ciao
Christian
--