Hi Rony,

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:12:40PM +0100, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:

> it has been my understanding that the
> <com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap> class and its bootstrap() method
> are meant to allow bootstrapping OpenOffice in an easy manner/fashion on
> any operating system.
>
> As I have reported, on some Linux distributions that I have come to look
> at, the bootstrapping using  <com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap> does
> not work!

Maybe your distribution ships a crippled SDK.

Check whether you have a valid unowinreg.dll

see e.g.

> In the meantime I was able to get in contact with Rene Engelhard, who
> has been packaging OOo for Debian according to the documented OOo rules,
> but in the process has been able to follow the standardized Linux
> installation rules.

The way vanilla OOo installs by default is perfectly within the
standards as wel...

> [...]
> So it seems to me that Rene tried hard to create an OOo distribution
> which adheres to both, the OOo and the Debian standards.
> However, it seems too, that using <com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap>'s
> bootstrap does not work, as it is not able to find soffice!
> :-((

Try with a vanilla build first, then you can shove it off to the paths
or something, or give the background details why you think it is the
paths that are the problem.

ciao
Christian
--