Hi Matthias, ,

On 7/31/07, Matthias B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have built OOo on a Debian system (from vanilla m221 sources) with
> KDE. Tools/Options/Memory has a checkbox "Enable systray
> quickstarter", but this doesn't seem to do anything and it gets unset
> automatically whenever I close OOo and start it again.
>
> What is this option supposed to do? Is it supposed to work with KDE?

I'd love to know as well. (I kind of doubt it though). But since
the authors of this "feature" refuse to write a spec or at least post
the necessary info, you would have to read the code.

> If it doesn't work in my environment, how can I make the option
> disappear from Tools/Options to avoid user confusion?  Is something
> wrong with my build because I'm seeing it although it doesn't work?

Another broken part of the implementation. Even when you disable
the quickstart at configure stage, you still get the option entries
in Tools|Options (when I tried, the option was disabled as a whole (well,
only the line with the option itself, the heading was still regular
black text),
but still not useful at all either - and on top of that with a
horrible translation)

ciao
Christian