Hi Marten,

Marten Feldtmann wrote:
When "running around" in the reflection system of OpenOffice 2.x I came
across the following problem:

Some constants have adefined data type "hyper", which means signed 64 bit values. When I query the value for that constant I get a dispatched
(is this the right name) with a vt type = 14.

I ran around and looked for that definition: 14 and found in my development tool and some texts from Microsoft, that the value for
signed 64-bit values is 0x14 - which means 20 and not 14.

Int 64 is no valid automation type:

Therefor Decimal should be used. See
Developers Guide: http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/ProfUNO/ProfUNO.xhtml#1_4_4_7_Type_Mappings

paragraph: Mapping of hyper and Decimal.

Since automation bridge converts the arguments to the expected type it should also be possible to provide 16 or 32 bit integers where a hyper is expected.

--Joachim

And by the way this is only supported by XP and later  ...