Hi,

while I`d generally agree, there is the infamous Solarmutex of vcl which is a derivative of the vos::IMutex interface and needs that to do refcounting. I don`t think sal`s Mutex class has virtual methods.

Of course you could move that interface out of vos to vcl, if the SolarMutex is the only instance left that actually needs that derivation.

Just my 2 cents, pl

Jan Holesovsky wrote:
Luckily, so far it was 1:1, but you are right, I'll try to collect cases where it is not if they appear on the way ;-)

--
If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day;
if you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime.