Hello yaungmin,

yaungmin escribió:
I am trying to create an add-on program in OpenOffice.org writer which allows
user to search files from database. Can someone give me some advice on how
should I do that and where can I get more resources. I am planning to use
Java.

GUI interfaces are explained in Chap. 20 of the Developer's Guide, and there are Java examples in the SDK (sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/GUI).

Although the examples use a create-all-at-runtime approach, you can also use in your extensions dialogs you created in the Dialog Editor, as explained in Developer's Guide 4.11.

Concerning the integration in Writer UI, you can create your own brand new UI elelments (toolbars and menus) as explained in the Developer's Guide chap. 4.7.3, or you can *merge* them into the existing menus/toolbars as explained in

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Addon_Menu_Toolbar_Merging
[may that's what Jürgen couldn't find]

There are lot of resources, depending on the approach you choose, but the basic is always the SDK (did you downloaded it?) and the Developer's Guide. You can find information also on the Wiki:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development

and check the links on this page.

Also the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list would help you.

Regards
Ariel

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.