Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
Lars Langhans wrote:
Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Tag: cws_dev300_qadev31b
User: lla     Date: 2008-02-27 14:35:51+0000
Removed:
   tools/testshl2

Log:
 #i86509# moved to cppunit module

does that mean we get rid of the circular dependency that sal needs testshl2 for running unit tests and testshl2 needs sal for building? that would be great

Moin Stephan,
maybe not because:

New external module cppunit needs sal to build, and testshl2 needs cppunit to build.
Sal needs testshl2 to run it's unit tests.
IMHO isn't this a circular dependency.

Why does module cppunit need module sal to build?
Because I moved some testshl2 code into the cppunit module.

If the future setup will be (correct me if I am wrong) that there is a module cppunit (that contains the standard, external CppUnit---so I do not see why it would need sal) and a module testshl2 on top of cppunit (that delivers the testshl2 application), then I would suggest we change the unit tests in (at least) the udk modules (incl. module sal) to directly use CppUnit instead of testshl2. That would release us from any dependency cycles.

I have put one of the very old cppunit tgz into the cppunit code. Testshl2 based on such code with a lot of changes. For simplifications I put all code from testshl2 which direct need the cppunit code to build also in this module, which need also at least sal lib to build. There will be build some libs, which the new testshl2 code need to link. If you think it will be better to create a patch of the cppunit code, please take over.

Lars

-Stephan