Hi,
It's me again.

Andreas Saeger wrote:
> Eike Rathke wrote:
>>> Both return the same ISO date-string of a number in A1.
>>> Can I take English format codes for granted with all locales?
>> Yes, for the TEXT function English date format codes do work with all
>> locales.
>>

> Sorry, I found an inconsistancy with this feature:
> =TEXT(A1;"YYYY-MM-DD") works just fine
> =TEXT(A1;"YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS") returns "YYYY-03-DD 08:17:40"
>
> It needs to be
> =TEXT(A1;"JJJJ-MM-TT HH:MM:SS")
> with German locale.
>
> May I file an issue?

Not shure if this is related to the TEXT function issue, but there seems
to be something wrong with a similar API function.

REM  *****  BASIC  *****
Sub Main
    d = 38541.173

    oNumberFormatter = createUnoService("com.sun.star.util.NumberFormatter")
    oNumberFormatter.attachNumberFormatsSupplier(ThisComponent)

    oLocale  = createUnoStruct("com.sun.star.lang.Locale")
    oLocale.Language = "de"
    oLocale.Country = "DE"

msgbox oNumberFormatter.convertNumberToPreviewString ("YYYY-MM-DD
HH:MM:SS", d, oLocale, TRUE)

end sub

The message box reports "YYYY-07-DD 04:09:07".
If I understand convertNumberToPreviewString correctly, the last boolean
argument allows for English format strings.