Hi Cor, Andreas, *

Andreas Saeger escribió:
Cor Nouws wrote:
Hmm, now I remember another thing I missed: finding the available
printers through API, as they can be found in File|PrintSetup.
I guess that another service is, or should be, involved.

Cor

Hi Cor,
Try c.s.s.awt.XPrinterServer.getPrinterNames()

are you suggesting something you have tried and verify that works?

According to http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=6496 (from 2003 but still applies)

"the interface was designed for an OOo/SO
running on a server where the printers are connected at the client.
Thus. for printing the client is a print server."

So if Cor is looking for something he can use in OOoBasic with a normal printer, c.s.s.awt.XPrinterServer won't work (at least in my notebook where I have no printer server, createUnoService("com.sun.star.awt.PrinterServer") instantiates an object only supporting com.sun.star.uno.XInterface , that is, c.s.s.awt.XPrinterServer is not available)

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.