Hi,

DrHatch escribió:
Hello,
Newcomer here; trying to build BEA300_m2 (with debug on).
This is a first-time build.
Using a 32-bit Ubuntu 8.04 installation on an AMD 64-bit computer.
gcc is ver 4.2.3, target is i486-linux-gnu
I have downloaded the five source files from:
http://download.openoffice.org/3.0beta/
and tried to follow the directions in
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Building_OpenOffice.org and
http://tools.openoffice.org/dev_docs/build_linux.html

Two questions:
1. If I should  be directing such an inquiry elsewhere, please let me know.

no, this is the right one :-)

2. If the answers are somewhere in the OOo documentation that I haven't
found yet, please point me in a better direction. I'm trying; searched
hours so far.

you may try searching in the issue tracker, at least when my build breaks, I usually find that someone had kindly submitted an issue with a patch (last time 2 Caolan's patches save me a lot a time :-) )

My results so far:
1. ./configure tells me
"configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h:     check for missing
prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h:     section "Present But
Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: in the future, the compiler
will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: Internal freetype2 does not support emboldening."

I've seen this appear somehow from OOH680_m12 to DEV300_m10, but I didn't take care of the warning and compiled any way (try using the system's headers, configure using --with-system-XXX, IIRC tb suggested me in this list to use --with-system-xrender-headers )

I have /usr/include/X11/Xfuncproto.h, which is desired by Xrandr.h
I have installed many X11 packages from the Ubuntu repository with no
effect. What next?

2. dmake tells me
"WARNING! Project(s):
swext

I've also seen this, the sources one can download now (BEA300_m2) from OOo site don't come with that module. You can compile anyway (I did this and worked) or download the module with CVS (the module has the mediawiki extension)

$ export 'CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs'
$ cvs login
(CVS password: anoncvs)
$ cvs co -r BEA300_m2 swext

Hope that helps

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.