On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:53 +0200, Martin Hollmichel wrote:
> all,
>
> Let me do some additional comments regarding our current project setup
> since this is a project which not necessarily has to do with
> OpenOffice.org core technology or native lang projects.
>
> Currently the Incubator category has been set up to provide some space
> to test new ideas (see: <http://projects.openoffice.org/incubator.html>
> "The Incubator category exists to provide a space for community members
> to test ideas. These ideas can be coding or not."

There is a fairly active community project supporting odf with members
from a wide range of interests
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is there a need for a specific OOo project for odf? One reason to have a
project outside the OOo community is to demonstrate that odf is a
universal open format and not simply associated with OOo and/or Sun.
There could be good reasons to have two odf support groups but generally
fragmentation is less effective in maximising resources. There are
members of the odfellowship who would probably not ever become members
of the OOo community but there are many members who are OOo community
members.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications