Karthik Sudarshan wrote:
Hi all,

I've downloaded the sample OptionsPageDemo Netbeans project and I've been able to successfully install the add-on and I also see the Options dialog. But when I create my own add-on and want to add an Options page I don't see it! There are no errors while installing my add-on, but the options button (in the Extension manager) is not enabled, which suggests that the Options dialog functionality is not present for my add-on.

I'm attaching my OptionsDialog.xcu file, and my EventHandler java file (which doesn't do much really), along with the .xdl file I've created for the testing purposes, with a simple server url, username and password fields. The EventHandler is appropriately placed in the com.example package and the DLDialog.xdl file is in the dialogs directory and it is present in the dialogs directory at the root of the final .oxt file created, i.e., all the files are at the appropriate places they are supposed to be.

Can someone please help me with this? I don't know what exactly I'm doing wrong here.

Regards,
Karthik

Make sure that the Id of the leaf has is the extensions identifier. See also the schema in officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/OptionsDialog.xcs

      <prop oor:name="Id" oor:type="xs:string">
        <info>
          <desc>The unique identifier of the Leaf. This must be the extension
            identifier if this Leaf was defined by an extension.</desc>
        </info>
      </prop>

The first part is wrong. An extension may define several leaves, which must all have the extension identifyer set as property Id. The only use of this property is that the Extension Manager can determine that for a given extension exist on or more leaves. Only then it will enable the options button.

Hope that helps,
Joachim