Hi Carsten,
Yup that did it :) Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I've got my original add on working as well.

Regards,
Karthik

Carsten Driesner wrote:
Karthik Sudarshan wrote:
Thanks Ariel and Oliver for your replies.

I'm doing all the things that you have mentioned in your mails, but still I don't see any progress. To check it out, I created a new project just for this purpose (with the help of OOo plugin on NB).

I'm attaching the Addons.xcu, WriterWindowState.xcu and the MANIFEST files with this mail. Can you see if there is any problem with this? Oliver I did delete all the files from the user\registry\cache and uninstalled the extensions and reinstalled the same. No luck !!

Hi Karthik,

You need to delete the WriterWindowState.xcu in the user\registry folder, the cache folder is NOT enough. If you first install your extension without xxxWindowState.xcu file the Office uses a pre-defined schema, e.g. "Add-on <n>" as a title. This title will be stored in the user registry part. If you later add a WriterWindowState.xcu file to your extension it won't be used. That's because the user layer has a higher priority. To let the extension basex xxxWindowState.xcu file win, you have to delete/edit the xxxWindowState.xcu file in user\registry folder.

Regards,
Carsten