Hello Alan,

On Friday 23 January 2009 14:46, Alan C. Baird wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I created an OOo extension, the Screenwright(R) screenplay formatting
> template:
>
>   http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/scr2

this isn't an extension, but rather a template

> that recently won an award of several thousand dollars from Sun/OOo in the
> Community Innovation Program contest:
>
>   http://development.openoffice.org/awardees-2008.html
>
> It should bring lots of new entertainment industry users to OOo. Can you
> tell me how to get it into the next release?

IMHO it makes no sense to add more stuff to OOo installation set, as long as it
can be deployed as an extension.

In your case, there are now better solutions:

* add your template to http://templates.services.openoffice.org/

* create a real extension with your template. See
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Non-code_extensions#Templates_Extensions
With this option you can use all cool extension's features (like the
auto-update, etc.)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.