2009/2/13 Jeff <j...@kconline.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:52:35AM +0900, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>>
>> I think no. The complete list will be very long and it depends on your
>> environement.
>
> How would it depend on environment? A shell is a requirement, tcsh and
> or bash are optional. Of course a shell is a bad example, like saying
> you need a kernel or a c library. But as far as environment, it doesn't
> matter if you use Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, etc., dependencies are still
> dependencies, either required or optional.
OOo build is not platform independent unfortunately.
So you make to build it for Linux, Windows, Solaris,... separately.

>> This[1] is a good place to get started.
>> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Building_OpenOffice.org
>
> Several links away from that page and you start to get something
> resembling useful, but that page doesn't make an attempt to answer my
> question.
I think the simple approach is: follows that link, build, and post errors
to think mailing list you have encounter.

> The best page I've found is http://tools.openoffice.org/build_env.html,
> but search for python and you see only --with-system-python. The
> questions are thus:
As far as I can tell, tool.openoffice.org has almost nothing to do
with building OOo.

> - Is <package> truly required or is it optional?
> - If <package> can be left out what function would be missing?
>
> This kind of information enables system developers/integrators to make
> more informed choices.
As I said in the previous email: The list will be quite long and
system dependent.
Therefore, noone care making it.  Trail-and-error and until we get the
thing done.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )