Hi Jürgen, *,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Juergen Schmidt
<juergen.schm...@sun.com> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>>
>> Java extension on my machine works only when run out of the soffice,
>> directly after installing it via Extension Manager.
>> After restarting OOo, the extension/Java just hangs (no cpu usage, but
>> also no progress whatsoever)
>>
>> I use OOo 3.0.1 (Sun-provided build) and JDK 1.6u11 (also Sun's version)
>> The extension I'm trying to use is OpenCards 1.0.1 (
>> http://opencards.info
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/OpenCards )
>>
>> The extension works fine with OOo 2.4, and apparently also works fine
>> on other machines. Since it doesn't crash, and doesn't print anything
>> to the console, I have no idea where to look for the cause of the
>> problem.
>>
>> Could you give some hints?
>
> mmh, strange. I expect a problem inside the extension. But without knowing
> the code it's hard to say.

It's opensource - you can get the source of the extension from the
sourceforge page: (linked from both the opecards.info "OpenSource
link" and the extensions.services page "Browse the source"

Download
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=198974&package_id=235842&release_id=628793

Browse
http://opencards.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opencards/

>I would suggest that you contact the vendor of
> this extension. I am sure that there is no general problem because i use
> several Java extensions that worked well under 2.4 and 3.0.1

As I wrote, this problem couldn't be reproduced by another user I
asked, so it must be something specific to my setup, but I have no
idea what this co↓ld be. (of course rm -rf <userdir>, even created a
completely new unix-user, but did not help)

And not all java extensions are affected. I.e. the svg import works
fine (apparently if they don't use java-UI, then it works, but that's
just a guess)

ciao
Christian