Xavier Callejas wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing a java web application, I need to generate ODS documents containing database data, I do not do this with csv because we want to generate this files with styled cells/text.

I have been reading all day yesterday about the OpenOffice SDK and it seems to much complicated for just generate ods files, I mean I need to have openoffice installed, etc. imagine if the client do not has openoffice installed and just want to get the spreadsheet file to get it to another computer?

Is there a easy way to generate ODS files using java? without all this complicated UNO stuff?

Thank you in advance.

Yes of course. ODS is documented in the ODF spec which you can find here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OS/OpenDocument-v1.1.odt

Nothing prevents you from creating the specified files yourself.

Tooling to ease that you can find at http://odftoolkit.org/

Kind regards, pl

--
Sanity is just a bad excuse for a lack of imagination.
     -- Author unknown

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Häring