On Sat, 2009-08-01 at 14:39 +0100, lux-integ wrote:
> I would thus like to know  if anyone has built  openoffice-3.1   with
>  the gcj instead of suns JDK or openJDK

We (Fedora) build OOo (and pretty much everything else) by default with
ecj+gij (i.e. java-1.5.0-gcj-devel where javac links to ecj and java
links to gij).

So it should work out of the box (assuming a setup like above). Any bits
that can't compile or need alternative solutions are already setup in
OOo to either get disabled on detection of gcj/ecj (e.g. sandbox) or
take a libgcj specific workaround.

C.