Hi,

have you already connected successful to a running office process before? If not i would suggest that you try this first. In your case you have to start the office to listen on port 2083

soffice -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager

When you have successfully connected you have the remote service manager and can continue with it.

Juergen

huang huang wrote:
Please bear with me-newbie.

While there is a fragment of example that querying Bibliography database in
java in Develop Guide, I am failed to convert it into python. The example
uses a getRemoteServiceManager to create a RemoteServiceManager, but I do
not know which should be
corresponding in python-uno.

My script is:
import uno
local = uno.getComponentContext()
resolver =
local.ServiceManager.createInstanceWithContext("com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver",
local)
context =
resolver.resolve("uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2083;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager")

It tells me that "com.sun.star.connection.NoConnectException: Connector :
couldn't connect to socket (Success)"

Any one can help me to correct the error or provider an example to access
bibliography database directly?