Christian Lohmaier <cloph <at> openoffice.org> writes:
> dropping tcsh support means: changing configure's default to bash and
> issue a warning (or error) when tcsh is selected.

I really hope for that in the long run we can make our build system depend only
on a IEEE POSIX specification (IEEE Standard 1003.1) compatible shell.
If anyone is using bash features in the build system that are not available in
POSIX-mode, he is doing it wrong anyway. There are better ways to do that.
In theory that means one would be able to build OOo with zsh or the busybox sh
implementation. In practice it means we certainly will not test with those,
but one should not deliberately break this compatibility.
In the end this will make changes/migrations of the buildsystem easier in the
long run.

Best Regards,

Bjoern