On 09/30/09 12:25, eric b wrote:
Hi,

To customize the UI on powerless machines (like XO), I adapted a change I did on Mac OS X some years ago. The idea is to provide configuration files, to allow the customization (we'll probably have one dedicated for the XO). If the user config file is not found, we'll use one in presets ( $OOO_BASE_DIR/presets ).

But I got a problem with Bootstrap::getFrom() and I wonder what exactly happens ... Here is what I do :

1) in bootstraprc, I added the entries (Linux and OOo4Kids only) taken from scp2 patch :

+    Key = "OOo4KidsIntegrationUserFile";
+    Value = "$UserInstallation/user/ooo4kidsrc.txt";

+    Key = "OOo4KidsIntegrationDefaultFile";
+    Value = "${OOO_BASE_DIR}/presets/ooo4kidsrc.txt";

-> verified ok, the boostraprc file does contain both after the installation. Means if the first entry is wrong, the fallback is ok (and tested ok)

2) And in vcl/unx/gdi/ooo4kidsint.cxx I do :

    rtl::OUString aUserConfigFile;
    rtl::OUString aDefaultConfigFile;
    rtl::OUString aTryFiles[2];

// read the content of bootstraprc is necessary to find the path to the user configuration file ~/.ooo4kids/0.6/user/OOo4kidsrc.txt rtl::Bootstrap aBootstrap( rtl::OUString( RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("bootstraprc") ) );

I guess rtl::Bootstrap needs an absolute file URL for the bootstrap ini-file (if your Midnight Commander has OOo's brand program dir as current working dir, that might explain why this relative URL magically happens to work then). Also note that ini-files have different names on different platforms (boostraprc vs. bootstrap.ini). What you want to do should be something like the following (untested, just hacked this in from memory!):

rtl::OUString aUserConfigFile(RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("{$BRAND_BASE_DIR/program" SAL_INIFILENAME("bootstrap") ":OOo4KidsIntegrationUserFile}"));
rtl::Bootstrap::expand(aUserConfigFile);
if (aUserConfigFile.getLength() != 0) osl::FileBase::getSystemPathFromFileURL(aUserConfigFile, aTryFiles[0]);

and similarly for the DefaultFile.

-Stephan