Hi,

In what situation do you currently encounter the problem?
What do you do?
What do you expect?
What your OpenOffice.org actually does despite your expectations.

One possible, interesting topic:

Generally speaking, one Chinese, including most Far East Asian languages,
characters will be
internally converted into 9 ASCII characters ( three occurrences of % followed
by two hex-decimal
digits ) in a certain situation because of UTF-8 hex-decimal encoded URL.

If the length of text is limited up to 256 bytes somewhere, in the worst case,
the limitation
for the number of Chinese characters might become 28, not 256. (256 / 9 = 28.4).

For example,
 Chinese characters: 中国
 Corresponding URL:  %E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD  (forcedly encoded)

 ASCII letters:      China
 Corresponding URL:  China  (no need to be encoded)

Tora